MyUNISA is the online student portal for the University of South Africa students, where you can access all the information and resources you need to complete your studies.
Through MyUNISA, you can register for classes, access course materials, submit assignments, check your grades, apply for graduation, view your study material, access the library, and communicate with your lecturers and classmates. You also have access to student services such as financial aid, library resources, and student support.
Table of Contents
How to log into myUNISA
UNISA login can be accessed by logging into the UNISA website, using your username and password.
To access myUNISA dashboard;
- Navigate to unisa login at unisa.ac.za/sites/myunisa.
- Find the login forms at the top corner (on the desktop).
- Type in your username.
- Enter your Password.
- Click ‘Login’ to access your Unisa login dashboard.
How to create myUnisa account
- Visit the unisa student portal page.
- Click the “Claim Unisa Login” button at the top-right of the screen.
- Type your student number into the box and click ‘Continue’. If you don’t know what your student number is, you can find it on your Unisa Acceptance Letter or most official Unisa documents. If you have not yet been accepted to Unisa, read this article on how to apply to Unisa.
- Fill in your personal information on the form. You will need your South African ID number or Foreign ID/Passport number to complete this section.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, check the boxes, and click ‘Acknowledge’.
- Yaayy!!! You’re in. You’ll notice that you will be given an initial password, which you can change whenever you want. This will be your password to access both your myUnisa account and your myLife email account. You will also see your Unisa email address, which you will use throughout your time at UNISA. If you have any challenge creating your Unisa student account, dont hesitate to contact UNISA.
How to change your unisa login password
Don’t forget to change your initial Unisa login password to something that is both secure and that you will remember. You should also try this if your myLife email account is not working more than 24 hours after you registered.
Here’s how to change your myunisa password;
- Log in to your myUnisa account.
- Navigate to ‘My Admin’.
- Click ‘change password’ and follow the prompts.
- Ensure you keep myLife UNISA account credentials safe. You need this to do your myUnisa registration and submit Unisa assignments.
How to log into myLife UNISA email account
MyLife Unisa is a free email account for registered Unisa students. This is the account the University of South Africa use to communicate with students
All Unisa students are required to have the myLife email account since important notices and updates are sent to this account.
The account is free to open and uses the Microsoft Office 365 platform.
To access your myLife unisa email account,
- Navigate to mylife.unisa.ac.za.
- Enter your full email address (eg email@example.com).
- Enter your password for your email account.
- Select “Sign in“.
- Then click “sign out” after you’re done with everything.
Remember to sign out of both accounts. Do not just close the windows.
How to activate your myLife unisa email account
To claim your myLife account, you need to first register for a myLife account via myUnisa. It can take up to 24 hours after registering before your myLife unisa email will work.
- Go to the my UNISA student portal.
- Click on ‘Claim UNISA Login’
- Type in your student number and click ‘Continue.’
- Fill in the personal information form (Surname, Full name, DOB, South African ID No/ Passport No/ Foreign ID. Enter either ID No or Passport No, not both) and click ‘Continue.’
- Read through the terms and check the boxes and then click ‘Acknowledge.’
- You will see a page showing your account details (mylife email address and phone number) and also an initial UNISA password. The password will be for both my-Unisa and myLife email accounts.
Your UNISA email address will be unique for every student, and your UNISA email address will follow the format firstname.lastname@example.org.
my Unisa helpful links
Check out these useful links to access various services on UNISA students portal.
|myexams Unisa Login||https://myexams.unisa.ac.za/|
|Unisa Exam Results||https://unisa.westeurope.cloudapp.azure.com/exam-results-service|
|Unisa Registration Forms||https://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/corporate/default/Register-to-study-through-Unisa/Forms-&-codes|
|Unisa Open Learning||https://mooc.unisa.ac.za/|
|Unisa Bursaries and Loans||https://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/myunisa/default/Student-Affairs-&-SRC/Student-funding:-bursaries-&-loans|
|Claim Unisa Login||https://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/myunisa/default/Claim-UNISA-Login|
|Unisa Student Number Search||https://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/myunisa/default/Forgotten-Student-Number|
|Unisa Password Reset Link||https://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/myunisa/default/Forgotten-UNISA-password|